Thus far, thankfully, my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful. I didn't even know I was pregnant until I went to my primary care physician to get an x-ray of my thumb... I had taken a spill (off the couch) almost 5 weeks prior and still had a pain in my thumb.
As a teacher, I couldn't even help my students sharpen their pencils or use scissors so I knew something was wrong. I went to the doctor to get an x-ray, and reluctantly shared that I was about 2 days late… and had a strange metallic taste in my mouth. Surely not universal symptoms of pregnancy, right?! He told me the x-ray would have to wait and a pregnancy test would have to be taken.
I waited the obligatory 20-30 minutes for the doctor to return and strained to hear talking in the hall… I heard snippets of “Definitely pregnant” and “No x-ray" certain they weren’t talking about me. Metal mouth could be attributed to any number of hormones or imbalances and I was NEVER regular when it came to my cycle. I thought it must be someone else they were talking about…
But the doctor came in and told me the news. “You’re pregnant and can’t get an x-ray today.” He then asked if it was good news or not. For those of you who know me, it was incredible news! I’ve wanted a baby for years, but had finally surrendered my desire for a baby and trusted in God’s timing – not mine. As God would have it, my time was now. My thumb would heal on its own and my body would undergo some of the hardest and most important functions it ever experienced.
Spring season finales rolled around and I sat watching The Office finale slightly underwhelmed until the last few minutes when Pam was wheeled in to get an x-ray of her ankle… The moment was so subtle yet utterly exciting as I laid on my couch in baggy sweatpants and one of Andrew’s comfy t-shirts… See it here if the clip doesn't load below
As a season of my life was coming to an end, a new season was just beginning!
As a teacher, I couldn't even help my students sharpen their pencils or use scissors so I knew something was wrong. I went to the doctor to get an x-ray, and reluctantly shared that I was about 2 days late… and had a strange metallic taste in my mouth. Surely not universal symptoms of pregnancy, right?! He told me the x-ray would have to wait and a pregnancy test would have to be taken.
I waited the obligatory 20-30 minutes for the doctor to return and strained to hear talking in the hall… I heard snippets of “Definitely pregnant” and “No x-ray" certain they weren’t talking about me. Metal mouth could be attributed to any number of hormones or imbalances and I was NEVER regular when it came to my cycle. I thought it must be someone else they were talking about…
But the doctor came in and told me the news. “You’re pregnant and can’t get an x-ray today.” He then asked if it was good news or not. For those of you who know me, it was incredible news! I’ve wanted a baby for years, but had finally surrendered my desire for a baby and trusted in God’s timing – not mine. As God would have it, my time was now. My thumb would heal on its own and my body would undergo some of the hardest and most important functions it ever experienced.
Spring season finales rolled around and I sat watching The Office finale slightly underwhelmed until the last few minutes when Pam was wheeled in to get an x-ray of her ankle… The moment was so subtle yet utterly exciting as I laid on my couch in baggy sweatpants and one of Andrew’s comfy t-shirts… See it here if the clip doesn't load below
As a season of my life was coming to an end, a new season was just beginning!
1 comment:
yay!! congrats for baby boy!!! can i link my blog to ya'lls?? i am so excited for the both of you!
Post a Comment