Our world changed this week.
I went back to work part-time as a middle school tutor at a private school. My heart was broken, but Andrew kept reminding me that this change is for the good of our future, family-wise and financially. As if it weren't hard enough to leave my little man, even for a few hours a day, we hadn't yet found the perfect person to care for Alekzander by my start date ... a somewhat frantic call to my mom ensued and about 18 hours later, Mia was here.
She was our life saver this week. She entertained, sang, bathed, fed, played, walked, and taught.
One day I left them playing this game:
He got it right every single time ... whether it was with apples, grapes, pears, or oranges. He is so, so smart!
And I came home to this another day:
We got to see her patience, her spunk, her creativity, and her love unfold as she got a lot of one-on-one time with Alekzander. We also saw the fruits of her organizational finesse {we now have a clean garage and organized closets} and the remnants of her 30 year teaching career {Alekzander learned to wink, wash his hands, and probably knows the alphabet!}.
Alekzander was well cared for and well loved this week.
We were so lucky to have our Mia come and save us.
2 comments:
I had the bestest and funnest week ever! Wish I could be with you always. You put sunshine and a song in my heart.
loveyourmia
I love your Mia too! I miss your family and am so happy to see all of you happy.
You are blessed!
Post a Comment