Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mama Bird

Dear Mama Bird,

While I loved laying on my belly and taking pictures of you a mere foot away, I was worried that you might be hurt.  I kept asking Andrew if you were okay.  He convinced me that you were fine.  Just resting; sunning herself.  He then said, Ashley, she's just like you, spending the whole day feeding and taking care of her babies; she's just tired.  That made me smile.  Its not easy being "on" all day long, but it is so worth it {and if we're being honest, it feels good to have our "work" recognized}.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  And those cute baby birds of yours are going to make you proud.  Already their little wings are practicing for flight. 

So, Mama Bird, I hope you enjoyed your few minutes of alone time in the sun.  Sorry for camera-stalking you; I can't help it - I'm part of the mamarazzi.

Love, 
A fellow devoted {tired} Mama 

No comments: