In celebration of my 500th blog post,
I am going to ask a favor worth 500 pennies ...
a penny for every single one of my
silly, serious, wordless, heartfelt thoughts.
But first ...
Sully, Age 6 Riley, Age 5
On Saturday, Sully Hill and Riley
O'Donnell opened up for business. Sully and Riley ran a fresh produce
and lemonade stand to exclusively benefit the Rohr Family Foundation
and the kids they serve. After several hours in the hot sun, everyone
remained helpful and happy. The kids helped pour lemonade, picked out
veggies, and talked excitedly to their customers. They were happy to
share information about the foundation by passing out Rockstar stickers
and other RFF materials.
{As of late, my heart has begun to beat wildly for Rohr Family Foundation. The founder, a co-worker, has started an amazing foundation to honor her husband and serve the kids in our area who are fighting cancer. Trish was also able to help and honor some sweet friends of ours whose 2 year old daughter, Claire, is also fighting cancer. Two weeks ago, I took on the blogging responsibilities for RFF, and I must say that I am IN LOVE!}
The kids raised over $500 from their produce and lemonade stands. {Such a big, big number from two little
entrepreneurs!} A generous matching donation was also made by Marty
Snider to bring the total money raised to just over $1,000! {For the rest of this original blog post, check it out here!}
Now ... your turn!
First of all, $500 is a lot of money.
It is 50,000 pennies.
What I am asking of you, is to donate 500 pennies {or $5} ... or more to Rohr Family Foundation. Click on all of the links, read the RFF blog, educate yourself about the mission, but know that I believe in this cause BIG time.
Maybe it is the mommy in me :: the wife in me :: the teacher in me :: the Christian in me,
but seriously, this foundation is going to make a HUGE impact and I promise you
that your 500 pennies {in exchange for my 500 thoughts!!!} will be appreciated
and used directly to impact a little life that is fighting cancer.
and click on the "Donate" button on the left side bar.
Please leave a comment below to let me know you donated
... or if you'd like more ways to help.
Alekzander's "treat" from the produce stand {courtesy of Sully}.
Unwashed, unpeeled ... but he loved it!
The kids were concerned that he was eating it fresh out of the ground,
but I promised them that he has had worse things in his mouth.
First taste of lemonade {courtesy of Riley}. And still hanging on to his carrot.
If you look closely, there is a carrot 'crumb' on his collar!


4 comments:
You are such a kind beautiful person Ashley! I donated and I pray God looks over & heals these sweet children
LOVE this. All of it. I just made a donation through paypal and am following the RFF blog now too. I have heard about the Rohr's Rockstars before, and am glad that I can help in some small way!! Thanks!!
Thank YOU for helping raise awareness!! I donated!
LOVE this and so excited to get involved! Thanks Ashley!
Post a Comment