Sweet Boy :: A Present Opening Pro
After church on Christmas Eve, before our dinner with the Woodmans, we made a "birthday treat" for Jesus' birthday. Alekzander helped and was so excited. When he woke up on Christmas morning, he asked to lay down on his bed of blankets on the floor in his room. After a few seconds of stillness he excitedly said, "Upstairs." I reminded him that we were upstairs, and he corrected himself and said, just as enthusiastically, "Downstairs!" I asked him why he wanted to go downstairs. {I didn't think that he knew there would be presents under the tree because we didn't really talk about it and he was scared of Santa.} He got a big smile on his face and rolled over to face me and said, "Jesus birthday treat!" Even after the excitement of dinner and opening presents with his little girlfriends, Alekzander still remembered ... the reason for the season.
Though we didn't let him have Jesus' birthday treat for breakfast, we did share it with Mia, Gruffalo, and Aunt Tessa Bug later that day and blew out birthday candles for Jesus.
{That moment happens to be one of the only moments not captured by a camera, but I promise, it was perfect.}


No comments:
Post a Comment