Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Secrets and Kisses


My sweet boy doesn't have much of a choice right now,
but I'd say he's going to be another mama's boy. 
It absolutely melts my heart when he smiles and coos at me 
and calms, almost instantly, when I pick him up.
 
We share some secrets - and kisses -
and laugh together when his big brother gets in trouble
and is sent to time out for some silly shenanigan. 
The other day we were sitting together
after Alekzander was sent to his room,
and in a rare quiet moment,
Anderson looked right at me, smiled his big gummy grin 
and stuck out his tongue as if to say, "Haha big bro just got in trouble!" 
 
What he really meant to say was,
"I will never act like that.  I will always listen to my mommy the first time."
 
And of course,
"I will love you forever, Mommy."
 
You know ... if 10 week olds could talk ... that is surely what he would say. 
 

No comments: