I am a sucker for contests.
How amazing is it to win something?!
I am an even bigger sucker for fun with my family.
Even if our fun means running, sweating, and chugging up neighborhood hills.
We are part of Charlotte Parent's Fit Family Challenge.
Nothing has really changed as far as our lifestyle except we log our daily activity.
Maybe to win something. Maybe to stay motivated to move.
I have to admit, it is fulfilling to type in 120 minutes worth of Spartan-like activity,
or 75 blissful peace-filled minutes of solo running.
Even 15 minutes of hot and humid balance biking is an accomplishment.
Last night we logged a total of 52 minutes of running together as a family.
Andrew finished {and won} a 5K in 20:09
and then looped back to run the rest of my 5K with me and the boys.
I refused to let him even put a finger on the stroller,
because if I pushed the stroller 2.1 miles up and down hills by myself,
by golly, I was going to push it by myself for the final mile!!
Stubbornness and strength helped us finish...
and set an example for our own two little kiddos
as well as the hundred other kiddos
that came out to run last night to raise money for their school's playground!
Anderson stayed awake the entire time
until I crossed the finish line!
Alekzander quickly claimed Daddy's trophy!

No comments:
Post a Comment