Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Always Working


Like Daddy, this little guy's mind is always working.  Today on the way home from a play date {at which Alekzander scored part of a costume for Halloween}, Alekzander asked, "What is Halloween for?"  I knew this was a loaded question, but told him that it was just a holiday where people get candy {that he isn't allowed to eat anyway!} ... He knew this already, so he said, "No, I mean what happens in Heaven when Halloween is down on Earth?"  I had to explain Christian holidays versus secular/Hallmark ones, but clearly the conversation was not over.  He asked if God was happy when we had birthday parties and then followed up with: "What does God do when people do not celebrate Jesus' birthday?"  We talked about the gift of free will and getting to choose to know God, believe in His miracles and His grace and forgiveness, and ultimately love God.  Next up:  "Why do some people not love God?"  We had started to have this conversation at the exact same spot on our drive a few days ago and focused on the fact that some people have just never heard of Jesus or never read a Bible because they never had a Bible.  I have no doubt that Alekzander will tell many people about Jesus and hopefully point them toward a great, undying, neverending, unconditional Love. 

And I hope I can adequately answer his {million} questions on a daily basis to reflect love, patience, and truth ... always.

No comments: