Saturday, April 18, 2015

Twenty-One Months {and Ladybug Love}


Always exploring.
Exerting independence.
Soaking it all in.


My sweet side-kick accompanied me on a special errand.
On Maddie's birthday, we left purple flowers for her 
to see from Heaven on a special bench at CCDS.
My little Anderson Maddox was a little grumpy, and so was I.
But his presence was necessary - better to diffuse the mood of a 
grumpy 21 month old toddler than really focus on my own feelings.


{We had to stop to pick out some perfectly purple flowers, but 
before leaving the house, Alekzander noticed a ladybug on my sideview mirror.
We watched it fly off, but when Anderson and I got to the store,
we found a(nother?) ladybug on my car window.
We walked across the parking lot and over to the flower section inside Fresh Market.
I quickly found some purple tulips, 
but also wanted to find a potted plant that could be enjoyed longer.
A (third?) ladybug friend landed on Anderson 
and then flew to a pot of purple hyacinths.
Without looking anymore, I knew that was the plant to get.
The ladybug hitched a ride on the plant all the way to CCDS and then disappeared.
We spied a beautiful butterfly too almost immediately near her bench,
and I cannot help to think Maddie sent them to share a smile.}
 


Storm clouds moved in to cap off an emotional day
that included giving thanks for the toddler trials 
we face with this healthy, strong-willed little boy
and missing a precious little girl.

No comments: