I’ve felt incredibly blessed lately in so many ways. For starters, everyone keeps asking me how I’m feeling… I really do feel great; sure I have minor discomforts that come from expanding and carrying a basketball on my front side, but generally, there are no complaints that can take away from the amazing miracle that grows and moves inside me daily. I can’t imagine hearing that question 5 times a day if I was feeling bad, but in keeping a positive perspective, you’d have to remember that pregnancy is a great gift. Don’t be a hater if you’ve had a rough pregnancy!!! I guess I’m just one of those annoying people who love being pregnant!
Another blessing has come in the shape of a pint-sized three year old. Twice a week for the past few weeks, my sweet little Lila has complimented my belly. “Ashley, I like your belly. It’s getting big.” Without fail, we have a conversation about Baby A – always initiated by this social and loving three year old. She calls him by his name, is concerned about him having a birthday party, worries about his food source… Her exact words that day were, “Is there milk in your boobies?” hahaha… easily my favorite comment of the day. Though she may not understand it, her curiosity and genuine interest speak volumes of love to me. What makes it even more special is that when we first told Lila we were having a baby, she took about 3 steps backwards and hid behind her mom’s legs as if to say, “No, you’re my Ashley. You can’t have your own baby.” I know that Lila’s excitement is an extension of her parent’s love for our baby boy whom they haven’t even met. For that, I am truly thankful.
I am also thankful for my friends and family who show their love for Baby A simply by loving me! My happy heart is just a glimpse of the joy and true thanksgiving we will be experiencing this upcoming Thanksgiving day. Hopefully we will have our baby boy in our arms... at home... eating a wonderful dinner cooked by my dad, the chef!
Another blessing has come in the shape of a pint-sized three year old. Twice a week for the past few weeks, my sweet little Lila has complimented my belly. “Ashley, I like your belly. It’s getting big.” Without fail, we have a conversation about Baby A – always initiated by this social and loving three year old. She calls him by his name, is concerned about him having a birthday party, worries about his food source… Her exact words that day were, “Is there milk in your boobies?” hahaha… easily my favorite comment of the day. Though she may not understand it, her curiosity and genuine interest speak volumes of love to me. What makes it even more special is that when we first told Lila we were having a baby, she took about 3 steps backwards and hid behind her mom’s legs as if to say, “No, you’re my Ashley. You can’t have your own baby.” I know that Lila’s excitement is an extension of her parent’s love for our baby boy whom they haven’t even met. For that, I am truly thankful.
I am also thankful for my friends and family who show their love for Baby A simply by loving me! My happy heart is just a glimpse of the joy and true thanksgiving we will be experiencing this upcoming Thanksgiving day. Hopefully we will have our baby boy in our arms... at home... eating a wonderful dinner cooked by my dad, the chef!
No comments:
Post a Comment