Monday, October 19, 2009

Thankful for a "Thanksgiving" Baby

Each Thanksgiving, the Markovitch-Swistak family has to go around the table and share something for which we are thankful. Though Alekzander may not come on or even close to Thanksgiving, there are many things for which I can give thanks... this list of 35 things - for 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days left - came easier than I thought. The idea is not original, I actually stole it from my friend Lucy's blog, but it is a good exercise in expressing gratitude. I could probably double or triple this list quite easily, but I limited myself to 35 completely random things that have brought me joy or comfort throughout my pregnancy... in no particular order:

1. Orange juice

2. Ice water

3. Flip flops (even on 50 degree mornings)

4. Crocs (ugly, but comfy)

5. My 'new' mom-mobile - small Suzuki SUV

6. Excited friends and family

7. Jehovah Jireh

8. Naps on the couch

9. Body pillow

10. Big sweatpants

11. Belly band

12. Homemade blankets

13. Praying LifeGroup and friends

14. Sweet boys' hand-me-downs

15. Generous family and friends and fun baby showers

16. Pregnant belly laughter

17. Kicks, nudges, hiccups and flips

18. Health

19. Impromptu Saturday adventures with my love

20. Informative hospital classes

21. Alekzander's 'galloping horse' heart beat

22. Mommy advice from wonderful mommies

23. Antique (but newly covered) “nursing” rocker used by my grandmother

24. Ikea furniture and accessories

25. Amazing people who already love Alekzander before he is even born

26. Chocolate Milk

27. Andrew's patience

28. Andrew's handiwork

29. Entertainment and perspective provided by T&R

30. Helpful, friendly strangers

31. Nice/knowledgeable doctors and nurses @ BC

32. Fall fun-days in the neighbor's driveway

33. Worship music and instrumental lullabies

34. Cool weather/no more mosquitoes

35. Getting to meet Alekzander in just a few weeks

We are so thankful for you all - and your love for our son - and for the great gifts and blessings that we receive daily. What brings you great pleasure for which you should give thanks?

1 comment:

Mike and Lucy said...

Love your list! I'm thankful to be sharing this precious time with you, my friend. Our babies will be here soon!