Is it really possible that there is an 8 pound 8 ounce baby inside of me??? That is the estimate from the qualified pro today at the doctor's office. I think its time that he comes out... as it is now, I'm so 2000 and LATE!
At our 40 week + 1 day appointment today, we had a non-stress test (NST) for baby, an ultrasound, and then a chat with the doctor...
Regarding the non-stress test, this little guy is far from stressed. He had to be woken up several times by jingling keys in front of my belly and massaging my belly. All he wanted to do was sleep. I think he was boycotting one of the nurses (who is not my favorite) and just wanted to be left alone. The stimulation amidst deep sleep caused him to pass the test; his heart rate (baseline of 144 bpm) jumped the appropriate 15 beats each time he was jolted awake. But all was well with the NST.
For the ultrasound, we learned that he has plenty of fluid. On a much more shocking note, he is estimated to weigh close to 8 and a half pounds. The average baby measures in the 50th percentile at this point in the game. Our big boy measured in the 79th percentile. Andrew complimented me on making a good baby home... maybe too good??? We did get to see a profile shot of his little face... complete with chubby cheeks and a little button nose!
When we finally got to see the doctor, he said everything looks great. I told him that the baby really is ready to come out. He asked for proof. I told him that he's 8 pounds 8 ounces... isn't that enough? The doctor's first response was - "That's not so big..." By the end of the little consultation, I think he called my baby big about 3 or 4 times. Not quite the pep talk I wanted!!!
Regardless of his size, he will come out one way or another. Hopefully soon. The receptionist told us she hoped we'd be holding our own little "butterball" by Thanksgiving. I hope so too!
At our 40 week + 1 day appointment today, we had a non-stress test (NST) for baby, an ultrasound, and then a chat with the doctor...
Regarding the non-stress test, this little guy is far from stressed. He had to be woken up several times by jingling keys in front of my belly and massaging my belly. All he wanted to do was sleep. I think he was boycotting one of the nurses (who is not my favorite) and just wanted to be left alone. The stimulation amidst deep sleep caused him to pass the test; his heart rate (baseline of 144 bpm) jumped the appropriate 15 beats each time he was jolted awake. But all was well with the NST.
For the ultrasound, we learned that he has plenty of fluid. On a much more shocking note, he is estimated to weigh close to 8 and a half pounds. The average baby measures in the 50th percentile at this point in the game. Our big boy measured in the 79th percentile. Andrew complimented me on making a good baby home... maybe too good??? We did get to see a profile shot of his little face... complete with chubby cheeks and a little button nose!
When we finally got to see the doctor, he said everything looks great. I told him that the baby really is ready to come out. He asked for proof. I told him that he's 8 pounds 8 ounces... isn't that enough? The doctor's first response was - "That's not so big..." By the end of the little consultation, I think he called my baby big about 3 or 4 times. Not quite the pep talk I wanted!!!
Regardless of his size, he will come out one way or another. Hopefully soon. The receptionist told us she hoped we'd be holding our own little "butterball" by Thanksgiving. I hope so too!
1 comment:
Ashley- I can't believe they didn't induce you! Probably not want you want to hear from me but jeez!! Thankfully, our Lord has a perfect day, hour, and minute that he wants that sweet little baby to enter this world!! Tradd and I are praying for you and Andrew and a safe and healthy delivery!
Post a Comment