Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mystery or Baseball Prodigy?

Last night/this morning Alekzander was fussy after his 5:30 feeding. I went and checked on him several times and eventually tried the pacifier. Though half asleep myself, I know I put it in his mouth and left him lying there sucking. A few minutes later he was crying again; so I went to check on him thinking I'd find the pacifier stuck uncomfortably under his cheek. I couldn't find it anywhere - not in his swaddle blanket, or under his stuffed Cyrus... no where in or under his crib. I finally got him settled sans paci and started to leave the room... when I got to the door, I saw the pacifier in the corner behind the door (which I had closed prior to leaving him and then once I came back in). There was no way I could have kicked it because I walked forward - not backwards... so the only thing that makes since is that Alekzander must have chucked the pacifier about 8 feet to the opposite corner of the room through the bars of his crib... You decide - mystery or baseball prodigy? I told you my child is extraordinary!!!