Thursday, July 22, 2010

Still

Today Alekzander couldn't stay still!  

Even while he was nursing - in a new sitting up, straddling mama's leg kind of way- he wasn't at rest.  He'd eat for less than 30 seconds and then crawl off to the edge of the bed, look back at me and smile.  And then come back for more.  Again and again.  I try not to let bad habits form, but sometimes Alekzander's little antics are just too cute to stop and correct. 

After his big boy dinner (solids) of butternut squash and chicken, he did close to 12 laps around his room.  (I am hopeful this will help him sleep through the night??) I was lint rolling his little round carpets and he would follow the roller and my hand - back and forth and back and forth - with his eyes and then sprint off to a different corner of the room.  When I ran to my room to put away some towels, I heard him crawl to his (closed) door.  When I came back, I announced that I was coming and I heard him turn away, and then slap, crawl, slap, crawl away from the door.  He was about 3 feet from the door by the time I opened it... looking back at me smiling.  

He was truly a crazy boy today.  I loved it.  I keep telling him that he makes me laugh because he is so silly.  The faces he makes, the sounds he makes ... he knows he's cute... precious... adorable... funny... entertaining... beautiful.  Take your pick.  Above all, I hope he knows he's loved.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is just as precious as can be. I can tell that you love him very, very much. Adorable image. Sweet, sweet baby boy!

ashley said...

Thanks Kaishon's mommy! :)

Andrew said...

wait till he's doing laps around the house... then the block... then the neighborhood ;)