Since I'm the favorite girl in the house, I got a new favorite necklace from my boys for Valentine's Day. I love it! I love them. And they love me ... up to the moon and back again.
Thursday night after dinner, under the light of the moon, Andrew and Alekzander were at the end of the driveway cheering me on as I finished a three-mile run. Andrew's been my biggest fan (and I guess Alekzander is my littlest fan) as I begin to step back into the world of running. Fast or slow, in shape or not, I know I am loved.
Last night, after an exhausting afternoon of mini-meltdowns and toddler tantrums, Alekzander gave me the chance to love on him long after he should have been asleep. A coughing fit woke him up, and I decided he I needed a little quiet snuggle time. My sweet little boy koala-hugged me, put his sweaty little head on my chest, and passed out. With slivers of moonlight shining through his window, we rocked and rocked; and in those quiet, comfortable moments, all of the day's frustrations faded completely.
Without a doubt, my love for my little (and big) man is big. Up to the moon and back again. {Times 5,297,831,460}
No comments:
Post a Comment