Monday, May 30, 2011

Funny Boy

Sometimes it really is the little things... 
{{Below are some funny snippets from our weekend road trip}}

Talking In His Sleep
After a long day without much of a nap, Alekzander started falling asleep on the car ride b ack to the cabin from Grayson Highlands State Park.  I could see his eyes closed in the little 'spy' mirror from my rear view.  Ashley and I were unabashedly singing to Raffi's  Over in the Meadow song,  and right on cue, we heard 'Quaaaack' come from the backseat.  I checked the mirror once again and his eyes were still closed.  Ashley called back and asked Alekzander if he liked seeing the wild horses, and (with eyes still closed) he said 'Neeeeigh'!  We were both cracking up and laughing at this point after seeing our sweet baby asleep in the carseat talking in his sleep.  Ashley unbuckled and leaned into the back to confirm that he really was asleep, yet somehow answering our questions with a little smirk on his face.  We finally let him sleep without disruption, but not until we got a few more sleepy responses out of him.

Help... Bear!
Driving along 77 South back to Charlotte, Alekzander finally took a nap.  His naps aren't always the source of so much laughter... but all of our driving this Memorial Day weekend brought the best out in him.  He fell asleep to the sounds of the ocean as he hugged his bedtime sound bear.  He had been sleeping for a while when we came to stopped traffic; I think the feeling of the car not moving woke him up.  Upon waking, he totally flipped out and threw his bear off his chest/lap and quickly came out of it to reveal his normal cheery/happy self.  It was hilarious to see his little arms flailing around to get the bear off of him as quick as possible.

Kiss a Boo-Boo
This afternoon, I was cooking in the kitchen as Alekzander ran and played all over the house keeping himself occupied with anything he could lift or move.  I heard an 'Oww' come from the piano room; he kind of cried/whimpered as he walked into the kitchen.  I asked him what was wrong, and he pointed to his foot.  A quick visual inspection... no blood - and he seemed like he was over it already, so I went back to cooking, and he went back to playing.  I checked on him in the other room and found him sitting in the middle of the floor hoisting his foot up in the air to kiss it.  Evidently Dadda didn't think it warranted a kiss, but Alekzander felt otherwise.  Not just a funny moment, but also kind of proud to see that he could 'self medicate' and take care of himself.  He's already proving to be quite an independent (and entertaining) little man.

No comments: