Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunset Swim

It was apparently a great night for a sunset swim! 

Andrew and Shawn walked into the lake to help a boater who had grounded his boat, and with a camera in one hand, and Alekzander dragging me into the water by my other, I decided this was not going to be a battle I fought.  What harm was it if Alekzander went for a swim in all of his clothes? {Plus Dada would be wet from the waist down anyway, so he could carry our little wet boy back to the car!}  He had has brave pants on and waded out until the water was almost lapping at his belly button ... and he belly flopped.  And then laughed and squealed with open-mouthed joy, and did it again and again.  He chatted with lake mermaids, splashed in the warm lake water, and collected some seaweed in his ten-pound diaper!  As the sun was going down {way past bedtime already}, we had a happy {albeit soggy} baby.







1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't decide which I love more: your storytelling or pictures! I'll take both! Something about being at the water at sunset is magical. Love to you and your family! :)