Friday, February 22, 2013

The Writing on the Wall

Nap time for the past two days has been rough non-existent.
Yet sweet {sneaky} boy has to stay in his room whether he naps or not.
Yesterday when I went to get him {after the second "bing-bong" on the clock},
he met me at the door and said, "Look, mom-mom, a picture for you."

He had found a piece of sidewalk chalk and drew on his sheets, the arm of his rocker,
and on the wall by the door {artwork on the right :: below}.


"I drew you, mom-mom!"
He was so proud. 
I was so mad. And so proud.
Obviously drawing on the wall is a no-no,
but it was his first unassisted person picture!
And I thought it was so cute! 
I even have eyes.
And arms and legs coming out of my head!
I love it.
He attempted to erase it with his hand,
but I told him to keep it there so Daddy could see.
{Not to punish him, but to share in my pride!}

After talking about rest time rules and forbidding future wall art, 
I asked him to draw me another picture that I could keep
{artwork on left :: above}.
This time, I got a head, and a baby in my belly!
Probably my favorite work of art.  Ever!

...And since the crazy boy just went to sleep at 3:45
after many threats, favorite toy removal, and tears, 
I just took the battery out of the clock on the wall
to avoid the impending "bing-bong" 
that usually signals the end of naptime.
I mean... naps are sacred to 3 year olds & 30 year olds.

1 comment:

CaitlinandBrad said...

That picture is priceless! Impressive art and so sweet that baby is on his mind always.