Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pure Joy and an Accidental Swim

Pure Joy :: Trying to cross the tributary 
{to get to Mama's new perspective}

He'll now tell you that he tried crossing in the "deep part" 
and Mama crossed in the "little part."
Actually, Mama took two careful steps across the water; 
Alekzander chose to cross at the deepest, widest part ...  at full speed ...

...resulting in an accidental swim.

Checking out the damage... 
soaked from head to toe, but his grip remained tight on his new fishing pole. 

*Only 10 seconds lapsed between the first picture and the second picture, 
but in true motherly concern, 
I stopped snapping pictures until I knew he was ok. 
 Secretly, or not so secretly, I wish I captured the belly-flop-face-plant.*

Realizing that he is wet, cold, and uncomfortable...
with an inch or two of water in each boot and water dripping from his chin.

Proof that Mama was present... and laughing at his pitiful predicament.
Really trying to get him to be silly and not fuss.


While laughing at him probably did not win me "Mom of the Year,"
at least I had enough sense to bring him an extra pair of pants 
{in case the cuffs got wet} and a hat. 
Mia was smart enough to bring a towel for us {to sit on initially in the cold sand},
so, on the path from the river,  this poor guy
got stripped down to his bare bottom in the woods
{remember, he was wet from head to toe down to his underwear!}, 
dried off with a slightly sandy towel, 
and clothed with dry pants, a warm hat, a snug towel, 
and one lone sock from the bottom of his stroller.
The walk home {a little less than a mile} wasn't entirely unpleasant...
but by the time we got back to Mia's house, 
I unwrapped a sun-warmed little cocoon who was ready for another adventure... 
after a hot bath!

No comments: