Monday, September 14, 2009

Shower the people you love with love

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you to all of the awesome women in Mom's life who showered her and I with love at Mrs. Bradley's house. I can't see anything from in here but can hear things going on out there pretty well and also know how Mom feels, and she felt so much love and kindness at my shower. From what I did hear, it sounds like I have a lot of really cool stuff to play with and outfits to wear...whatever an "outfit" is.




I'm getting lots of really good food from "the tube" as well... must have been some party! I also heard some talk about how I'll already have a few "girlfriends". Not really sure what that is but if they are anything like my Mommy's girlfriends at the shower then I can't wait to meet them!

I know I haven't been born yet, but all of these women have already shown me so much LOVE and kindness. I've heard we'll have a testosterone filled house at times with Dad and I outnumbering Mom but I can see that there is great importance to having strong female role models in your life as well. I know I'll have Mom to serve that role in my life for sure, but it's great to know she has such a great support group of strong women who are filled with FAITH and love Mommy and our family!

I felt a very powerful moment during the shower when I felt lots of hands touching Mommy and me while Ms. Abbey, Ms. Mo, & Ms. Wabecca prayed over us for HOPE of a God-filled life. Thank you to everyone who was there (and those that couldn't make it) who showered us with so much love!

Dad wants to say something really quick now :)

Barb, Rebecca & Tessa... thank you so much for hosting & planning and loving on Ashley and Alekzander! It was overwhelmingly awesome to go through all of the presents when Ash got home and look through the pictures.

I know my son already has a great head start in life with all of you backing Ashley and we all know she'll need some 'girl time' away from her boys every now and then. :)

1 comment:

Mom S. said...

OH how cool!
Love You all.