Monday, December 16, 2013

First Bites



First bites brought to you by the {proud} big brother.

Anderson was so ready for this.
Alekzander was so ready for this.
Andrew was ready to try out the Baby Bullet.
I didn't want to bite the bullet; 
I wanted my baby to stay a baby.

No food for you, Anderson.
Except you were hungry.
And mad that you didn't have food at dinner.
And lunging toward me as I put my soup spoon in my mouth.

So casually I said, "Two days til food"
which turned into a song and then a countdown.
Two days from Friday night's dinner,
Anderson would be 5 months old.
{A month older than when Alekzander had his first bite 
:: and well within the suggested time frame to begin 'solids'.}

Alekzander is a big fan of countdowns.
So the next day he announced, "One day until food!"
And then on Sunday, "Today you get to eat food!"
He was so excited, and also so aware of milestones
and the fact that this was a big milestone.

More and more, I love the age difference
between Alekzander and Anderson.
Not to mention the intense love and admiration
that is already evident between the brothers!

Alekzander wanted to be involved in the feeding process
from start to finish :: he helped me measure the rice grains,
dump them in the Baby Bullet; 
he and I both jumped a foot and then laughed
as I began to grind the rice.  
He wanted to help cook the rice, 
so he poured the rice 'powder' in the water.
And then we waited and waited and waited.
And then portioned and cooled.

The results {brown basmati rice mush aka rice cereal}
were well received and delivered initially by Alekzander
{until I had taken enough pictures and got jealous}.
Anderson ate and enjoyed.
The milestone was documented.
And a whole new world of messy began!

 First Bite :: December 15, 2013
5 months old
Homemade Brown Rice Cereal

No comments: