Sunday, December 15, 2013

Five Months


My sweet boy.
Even though you are always with me, 
it is rare that we are ever alone.
Today, we stole some moments away to play.
You are intense, determined, focused.


During your fourth month, we learned that 
you are silly and ticklish and have the best baby belly laugh.
You are finding your voice and make all kinds of noises.
{one of my favorites is a high-pitched parrot noise
though your voice is raspy and not at all high-pitched!}
When you cry, it is with all your might.


As soon as I pick you up, you stop, immediately. {I love that.}
When I get you out of your crib, you hang on to 
my right shoulder with your  left hand.
{A real baby hug, I think!}
Your legs are chunky and so strong.
You spend half your day standing and will probably 
sit up on your own before you roll over!
Everything goes in your mouth and you are more interested in toys, 
especially if they go in your mouth!
You love watching your brother perform for you.
You laugh and laugh at him so he stomps/jumps/acts crazy again and again!


You still fall asleep sometimes when you eat, which makes me fall asleep too.
You also can fall asleep within one minute of being in the car, but 
then you wake up as soon as we get home. 
 {A 5-minute cat-nap is not a nap.}
You always fight sleep for a while, 
Second-Child-Afraid-to-Miss-Anything.
You will fall asleep in my arms or on my shoulder if I sway you, 
and go to sleep in your crib after lots of crying or fussing in protest.
Then you sleep. Peacefully. Quickly.
Naps are not long lived {45 minutes}, 
and you are so predictable.

But then again, every day is different 
and we learn something new about you
as you learn about your world. 

Learn, laugh, play, grow!
Happy 5 months, sweet Anderson.


No comments: