
Traditions are traditions ...
because a mom somewhere dressed up her kids,
washed faces, packed snacks, and finally made it
to a magical destination, had fun herself,
and insisted upon going again and again
regardless of the opinions of her children.
At least that is how I believe this tradition is unfolding.
I always get excited about the "Singing Bears" and this year
even convinced my sister and mother to come along;
I may or may not have explained exactly what these bears were,
and there may have been some confusion and/or disappointment upon arrival,
but I still think Leonard Bearstein {and his accompanying orchestra}
is quite charming ... you can't help but sing along to Christmas carols
and take your picture by the bears ... unless you are Alekzander!!!
{He did enjoy eating a bagel and climbing all over the benches,
but he was not into the bears ... yet again.}


Anderson had no choice but to pose with ATB & Mommy.


Mia and her boys

ATB and Anderson
{"Just one more picture please."}


No comments:
Post a Comment