Almost like out of a cheesy movie, my morning came to a temporary screeching halt.
Carefree fun sucked out of the room; my breath and words caught in my throat.
Nothing serious - just some mommy emotions evoked by a simple song.
:: From Facebook yesterday ::
Monday morning dance party with the littles fueled by
fresh-out-of-the-oven dairy-free banana oat bran muffins
to the tune of "Cowgirl Chocolate Pool Party" mix ::
brought to a momentary screeching, teary halt
at track 10 while sitting on the 'dance floor'
... if Alekzander wasn't as goofy as he is,
I would have completely sobbed.
I was holding Anderson in my lap
and washed his balding head with big fat tear drops...
Track 10 = Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
Listen to it. I dare you.
I often complain {or just too willingly accept}
that I have no time to clean the house.
I hardly have time to change out of my PJs
let alone shower by myself or dry my hair.
{Am I doing something wrong?!}
Life is quite demanding these days ...
especially with a hungry infant who likes to sleep on mommy
and a curious, snuggly almost 4 year old who also likes
be wherever mommy happens to be.
But I wouldn't have it any other way.
I know I will miss these days.
I know Alekzander will not always be as talkative
or share his imaginative thoughts or wake up early ready to play.
He will not always freely say, "I love you, Mommy,"
just because.
He will not always hold my hand when walking in the parking lot.
I will miss the messes he makes when he bakes with me.
The cold feet snuggles in the too early mornings.
The milk mustaches and sticky fingers that touch everything.
I know Anderson will not always need me every minute of the day;
he will not always fit in the crook of my arm and sleep soundly.
He will not always smile at me with squinty eyes and his wide gummy mouth.
I will miss holding him for hours upon hours.
Rocking him to sleep.
Watching him doze off and give one final grin.
Rubbing his hand as he grasps my finger tight.
I will miss these crazy days.
I don't want to say, "Never grow up."
But I will say, "Slow down, time."
And I hope to often remind myself,
"Enjoy this moment."
Milk mustache :: Collecting acorns :: Not-Listening-the-First-Time :: Shaggy hair ::
Mismatched clothing :: All-purpose Toms
21 Days from 4 years old
11.4.13
Drool-Face :: Blue eyed babe :: Chunky Cheeks :: Rolly Thighs :: Gummy Smiles ::
Nap Refuser :: All Night Sleeper
16 weeks old
Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up
by Taylor Swift


1 comment:
You and Tessa Bug grew up, spread your wings and soared. And I adjusted just fine. Sort of.
Post a Comment