Last night our big boy took a bottle for the first time at eight weeks. It broke my heart a little, but I know it made Andrew's heart soar. Alekzander took the bottle like a (hungry) champ!! Since he is such a good eater and I had only pumped 3 oz., he was still hungry after the bottle, so I still got my precious time with him after watching from across the room as he ate with Daddy. It was quite a milestone in his little world, and means I can make some evening plans without worrying about him starving or crying hysterically.
Yesterday, after two days of poor sleeping patterns, I came across a miracle on another Mommy Blog... a sleep technique/trick from an author, Tracy Hogg, called the 4 S's. So far, the third S has been a life saver all three times I've tried it.
At eight weeks, Alekzander continues to amaze me. Monday, his 2 month birthday, he unfortunately gets a barrage of shots, but I think I'm prepared... I know he'll turn bright red, do his silent scream and then drip some big salty tears, but hopefully his will be the only ones shed.
Yesterday, after two days of poor sleeping patterns, I came across a miracle on another Mommy Blog... a sleep technique/trick from an author, Tracy Hogg, called the 4 S's. So far, the third S has been a life saver all three times I've tried it.
1. Setting the Stage (establishing a bedtime/nap time routine)Number 3 has transformed my day - I have a good baby with 1 successful nap in progress... no tears, no screams!
2. Swaddling
3. Sitting (after swaddling, instead of leaving him in the crib to settle himself, pick him up, and sit (but don't rock) with him seated vertically, until he relaxes, then lay him down)
4. Shush-pat (as needed)
At eight weeks, Alekzander continues to amaze me. Monday, his 2 month birthday, he unfortunately gets a barrage of shots, but I think I'm prepared... I know he'll turn bright red, do his silent scream and then drip some big salty tears, but hopefully his will be the only ones shed.
3 comments:
Good luck with his shots, Ash! Be strong...I cried more than Jayne did =)
Take him hungry and then breastfeed right after the shots. It helps to calm him, helps to reduce in future aches and pains and helps the shots to work (all according to my pediatrician)
i am so glad you are utilizing the babywise blog! it came in very handy for me and the 4s(s)...really worked for us too!!
Post a Comment