Our tough cookie got his two month shots yesterday. I was prepared for Alekzander's reaction; similar to most babies, I figured he'd scream bloody murder and be somewhat miserable for the rest of the day. But our sweet baby was amazing. He cried his silent cry and turned bright red for about 10 seconds immediately after the shots, and then was laughing within a minute as he was fully dressed and then secured in his comfy car seat. What a rockstar! We were quite proud of him. There were no tears from me either! I wished for a split second that he needed me to comfort him, but I'll settle with having a tough little boy.
:: Before... Immediately after his shots... 30 seconds later... ::
The doctor said he was a strong baby with great head control... something we knew already. The doctor also commented on Alekzander's alertness. During his eighth week, Alekzander has been maintaining great eye contact and has been exercising his voice and babbling like crazy. He is growing well too... apparently I make a good baby home and a good baby buffet. He weighs 12 pounds + 10 ounces (75%) and is 23 inches long (50%). We think the nurse didn't stretch him out to his fullest potential, but either way, he's absolutely perfect in our eyes!
Once we got our little man home, he ate a little, slept a little, and required a few extra snuggles to settle down for the night. No Tylenol required, just some simple TLC. AMAZING!



2 comments:
Alekzander looks like he's about to drop a cheerio in his mouth in that bottom picture. He looks so big! :)
I love reading your blog--Alexander changes everytime I see a picture of him on here! Tess gave me your blog site for me to follow! I have mine too!!! YOU two seem to be amazing parents!!! Now if I could get my fiance to blog like Andrew does too!!I can't wait to join in parent hood just a few more months! Not only do I love reading it--I am getting some helpful hints so when my little ones get here!! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment