Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy 1/6th year Alekzander!!!

I know most parents would say 2 months, or measure it by weeks ... but this way helps it seem like time isn't flying by quite so fast. Or maybe it sounds worse to some, but for me, it works.

I had a lot of friends ask me if 'I was ready' throughout Ashley's pregnancy. I usually had a somewhat silly answer for such a silly question. "No! I'm not ready! I'm not ready to have him grow up so quickly like most kids seem to do." I was half joking because of course I was ready and excited to be a dad but not so excited about time flying.


Our friends Lauryn and Blake stopped by to visit a while back with their son Carter. Carter is almost 18 months and it seems like yesterday we visited them in the hospital. Lauryn commented on Alekzander being a snuggler after seeing how he laid his head on my chest. She said to eat up every moment we can get of it because before you know it babies grow out of that. This stuck with us as a reminder of how the littlest moments are precious and we should eat them up while we can.

I know this is just the tip of the iceberg of parenthood and in the blink of an eye he'll be turning 1, then in a heartbeat he'll be starting school and before we know it we'll be dropping him off at college. Some may be saddened by these thoughts and how quickly it goes but I'll choose to try and let it serve as a reminder to cherish each moment we have and never take time for granted.


2 comments:

Doodles said...

Time really does fly and what ever method makes you realize it the better. It seems like only yesterday I was going to the Dr. to confirm I was preg. (I had been told since I was 16 yrs old that I would be able to get preg.) Now I have two daughters ages 6 and 3 1/2. It flies so fast and its' so much fun but also remember to write down the fun things and the funny things that happen as they happen because something you think you will never forget will be long lost after then next big momment.

Congrats HUGS
Wendi

tessa said...

I thought Alekzander was wearing reindeer antlers in the first picture! :)