Easter morning in the Markovitch family hasn't changed in nearly 25 years. Tessa and I hunt for Easter eggs and search for Easter baskets... we inevitably fight over the number of eggs we find (everything has to be "even Steven") and someone probably comes close to shedding tears as a result of a very tricky Easter Bunny who never runs out of hiding spots.
Now though, we have two big boys (Andrew and Ryan) fighting us for Easter eggs filled with candy and money, and one little boy who will one day join in the fight! Maybe we'll grow up by that time, but maybe not! Traditions are traditions no matter how old you get!
The number one rule of Easter morning is that you cannot help anyone find their basket... The Easter Bunny works hard to trick people and he wouldn't want anyone's fun ruined by a helpful sibling or significant other! This Easter, I, not so secretly, followed Tessa around while she searched high and low for her basket. Well, my sweet sister can't lie and her poker face is poorly developed... by tailing her, I was able to discern that she found two baskets that were not her own. (I cheated, but only because I didn't want my baby boy to see my cry!)
Alekzander's basket was hidden in a cupboard in the pool room, and Andrew's and my (homemade by Mia) basket was under the bathroom sink behind a pile of fluffy towels. Tess finally found her and Ryan's loot in the pantry in a bag even though we both looked there several times. By the way, she didn't cry, but I was getting a little nervous for her!
After the Easter morning festivities, we took a walk down to the river where Alekzander got to put his toes in the sand and the water for the first time! He had such a great time at the 'Hoe and especially loved playing with Gruffalo and singing with Mia. Its crazy to think that last year he was just a little 'jelly bean' in my belly... and this year he was the center of attention. Sweet baby of mine.



No comments:
Post a Comment