In Arapahoe and neighboring Minnesott Beach, there aren't many people and there are even fewer businesses. There is, however, a country club with a golf course (as well as a dozen Christian summer camps). At Minnesott Beach Country Club, it costs a member $2 to play a round of golf and walk the course or $12 to use a cart. Pretty impressive and affordable especially when compared to Charlotte's prices.
Gruffalo has been a casual golfer all of his life, and in his retirement he has continued to play the game and has acquired some new golfing buddies. {{For Christmas a few years ago, Andrew and I each got golf clubs... which have been used about 3 times up until this weekend.}} On Saturday morning, Gruffalo took me, Andrew, and Ryan golfing. The boys ate breakfast at the club and then I met up with them for our 10:32 tee time to play 9 holes. I know that I was not the most talented beginning golfer, but at least I looked the part. Luckily patience ran strong in our little group... I think I swung my clubs 10 times more than the guys, but after a few holes, I did improve. Even though I didn't keep score because I kept losing track of how many times it took me to get my ball on the green and then in the hole, I walked away from the experience willing and ready to try again.
The guys stayed to play the back 9 while I exchanged my golf skirt and polo shirt for a sundress. Tessa and I relaxed and chatted on the dock and got our first sunburn of the year; we loved every minute of it!
The rest of the day was spent snuggling with a baby, eating wonderful food, playing cards, and just being surrounded by people we love. It makes my heart smile when I see my little boy receive so much love... we are so blessed... this weekend and always.
The rest of the day was spent snuggling with a baby, eating wonderful food, playing cards, and just being surrounded by people we love. It makes my heart smile when I see my little boy receive so much love... we are so blessed... this weekend and always.


1 comment:
be careful GRUFFALO don;t let andrew sandbag you on the golfcourse. at one time he was pretty good. glad you all had a great easter. it's great you keep your traditions. alekzander gives them special meaning's.thanks for sharing. gps
Post a Comment