Friday, April 16, 2010

Supermom Senses

This morning before the sun came up, I went on a Supermom Adventure.  It started and ended in less than 15 seconds... and it failed miserably.  I'd be lying if I said I was sleeping deeply (you don't do that with a baby next door on his belly), so in my slight slumber, with my supermom ears, I heard a cat meowing anxiously.  I immediately thought - Oh no, Ryelee is locked in Alekzander's room!  I didn't think Alekzander was in 'danger' at all (as Ryelee probably could not even jump up into the crib), I was more worried about the antique nursing rocker that I had recovered.  (Ryelee's silly cat habits shredded the material the rocker wore in a previous stage of life.)  Lickity split I jumped out of bed... supermom speed... check.  I headed straight for the door and ran into it with all my might.  Acutally only my Polish schnoz (not my big toe, or my forehead , or even my hands) hit the door, but it hit it with such force I immediately checked for blood!  Now you might wonder where my supermom eyes were at 5:40 this morning.  My vision is not very good at all, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure my eyes weren't even open... hence running into the door.  Hard.  Andrew nor Alekzander woke up even when I crawled back in bed after inspecting my nose in the mirror and giggled non-stop for about 5 minutes.

My supermom senses failed me this morning, but I'm ready for my next mission.

By the way, Ryelee was 'throwing his meow'... he was laying right outside of our door and the other two doors were closed.  He and Naughty Neighborhood Cat (who sets off my car alarm no less than two times every night) are conspiring against me.  I guess they don't think I should be sleeping through the night yet even though Alekzander does so wonderfully.

No comments: