Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 Olympics - Opening Ceremonies


Continuing a tradition (or is it starting one when its the 2nd time you do something?) we got together with the Williams' (Blake, Lauryn and now Carter) for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Almost magically it started snowing here in Charlotte to give the ground a white 3" blanket to help get into the mood of the winter Olympics.  We wore our Czech (Andrew), Polish (Ashley) and US (Alekzander) shirts in the spirit of the games and had food and drinks from all over the world.

I can't remember the official count but I believe Blake and I represented 8 Countries via beers (US, Belgium, England, Germany, Czech Republic, Japan, Austria and Jamaica).  Don't worry about Canada... I'll get some 'imported' Molson or Labatt to honor our friends to the North.

I personally liked the opening ceremony but felt bad for Canada at times since they had to follow the disgustingly expensive and extravagant show that China put on in 2008.  It seemed fitting in level of grandeur with it being the winter Olympics and being hosted by Canada, and other than the torch malfunction near the end, seemed to go without a hitch.

Here are some helpful links for following the action over the next few weeks:


Team USA

 

No comments: