Monday, February 22, 2010

Living with a Saint and a Rock Star

In my house, I am surrounded by greatness!

For the last 5 years, I have lived with a saint...
  • Defined as: a very good, kind person; or a person of exceptional goodness.
Recently, Andrew accompanied me to a massive consignment sale that was 50 minutes away from our house... on a Friday... even leaving work a little early. He also attended a couple's baby shower with me where we only knew the honored guests...and he played and won at two of the shower games and entertained the guests with his wit and silliness. I know that not all husbands would willingly go to either of these events, but my husband went to both with a great attitude. There are other daily saintly occurrences, the greatest of which is his loving and playful interactions with Alekzander.

For the last 3 months, I have lived with a mini-rock star...
  • Defined (by me) as: a very good, adaptable, happy, easy going baby.
For all of the events that Andrew and I went to this weekend, our sweet boy was with us. He coo-ed with delight, entertained our friends with his cuteness, took little cat naps, played with his hands, and sat quietly in our laps...never once fussing. I was beyond proud of him... I love that he is so easy going even when we missed naps and stretched feedings. Aside from his happy disposition, the boy has a little wild side to him as evidenced by his love for playing Superman, "ski jumping" on Dad's lap, and rocking out with his new Bandstand toy.


I consider myself incredibly lucky to have two great boys whom I love so much.

4 comments:

Tessa said...

Tiger snoozes are the new cat naps. I thought Alekzander was hip with his ATB lingo? Did he teach you nothing after we babysat at Ryan's?

Sherry said...

I think you lived with saints all of your life.

Andrew said...

none of my old teachers would ever imagine that a teacher would use the word 'saint' to describe me... thanks babe! :)

ashley said...

I am sure that I did live with saints all of my life, but Andrew and Alekzander are just extra good these days!