Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Drowned Rat

Syra, our big goofy dog who reminds us of Dug on the movie Up, gave new meaning to the term "drowned rat" today. It is raining, so she probably smells like a wet dog, but I'm mad at her now, so I won't even go near her.

While Alekzander and I were playing "Baby in the Mirror," his favorite game, Syra stole Alekzander's (and Cyrus') mouse!

{In the Markovitch family, we have a weird attraction to cute mice...they seem to find themselves in suitcases, the freezer, peeking out of a roll of toilet paper, rolled up in a ball of socks... anywhere is a good hiding place for a mouse! Not real mice, by the way, just cute stuffed mice, or rather ugly plastic rats...but the sentiment is all the same.}

The Mus (a Swedish mouse from Ikea - you may have seen him in Alekzander's Valentine's Day picture) was hanging out with the farm animals on Alekzander's playmat... and when we left the room, Syra stole the mouse. Now... she's not a dog who takes care of her toys. So apparently, while we were playing in the other room, she decided to carry the mouse down to her cage and begin devouring it, tail first.

A few minutes later, with Alekzander diapered and ready to nap, I came downstairs to let the dogs out. Kaila went right out into the yard, but Syra hung out on the porch and dropped something white. Right away I saw it was Mus... so I rescued the wet, slobbery mouse, put Syra in her cage with no treat... and gave the mouse a bath...

In just a few minutes, the poor stuffed toy lost its tail and became a drowned rat ... twice. I guess a trip to Ikea is in order...



No comments: