Andrew and I were lucky enough to have a 'date night' last night thanks to Alekzander's ATB (Aunt Tessa Bug) and Ryan. After a napless day, we brought Alekzander over to Ryan's place (Uptown), and quickly redecorated his bachelor's pad with Alekzander's cute giraffe Pack&Play. I also put Alekzander's baby cooler (for his bottles of breastmilk) into Ryan's immaculate bachelor refrigerator stashed with beer and Propel: quite the juxtaposition.
I think Andrew was more nervous about leaving Alekzander than I was. He gave all the detailed instructions while I gave Tessa the general rundown. It was kind of cute though that he cares and worries, even just a little bit! Alekzander gave Tessa his 'old-man-pouty lip' seconds before Andrew and I walked out of the door. It was as if he knew that we were leaving and wanted to make us feel loved. He was a rock star while we were gone, though he chose not to catch up on all of the sleep he missed during the day. We didn't call our competent babysitters even once, though I did keep checking my phone to make sure they didn't need us... and of course I thought about Alekzander quite a bit, but it was great to get out and spend time with my hubby.
Andrew always has a plan. So like always, we set out with an agenda. The only glitch was that our date coincided with the Syracuse/Georgetown basketball game. Andrew was awesome because he didn't take me to a sports bar so that he could watch it. But I was awesome because I let him check the score while we waited for our food at Mez! Ordering off of the food menu was easy (Mediterranean Pita Trio Appetizer and Gnocchi side)...but ordering wine proved to be a little difficult for me. After a year of not drinking any wine, I have forgotten what I liked and everything that I kept trying, I didn't like! Luckily we had a sweet waitress who kept offering to bring me tastes of different types of wine. After 3 of these tastes, and a sip of Andrew's wine, I already was feeling a little silly, but finally decided on a "thought-provoking" red Malbec from Argentina.
After we enjoyed our food and wine, we headed over to Howl At The Moon, the dueling piano bar at The Epicentre. With my Mez wine courage, I walked up to the piano with our request slip... Crazy Love by Van Morrison - our "first dance" song at our wedding - for which we got a nod of approval from the pianist. We were entertained by the Howl At The Moon performers and some bar patrons who had no inhibitions and good lyrical knowledge for some 'oldies but goodies'!
If we were Cinderella and Prince Charming, when the clock struck 11, we switched relational gears from husband and wife to father and mother. We took our chariot back to pick up the littlest prince and found a sweet, sleepy baby and two people (ATB & RT) who have also fallen under the spell of Alekzander's sweetness.
I think Andrew was more nervous about leaving Alekzander than I was. He gave all the detailed instructions while I gave Tessa the general rundown. It was kind of cute though that he cares and worries, even just a little bit! Alekzander gave Tessa his 'old-man-pouty lip' seconds before Andrew and I walked out of the door. It was as if he knew that we were leaving and wanted to make us feel loved. He was a rock star while we were gone, though he chose not to catch up on all of the sleep he missed during the day. We didn't call our competent babysitters even once, though I did keep checking my phone to make sure they didn't need us... and of course I thought about Alekzander quite a bit, but it was great to get out and spend time with my hubby.
Andrew always has a plan. So like always, we set out with an agenda. The only glitch was that our date coincided with the Syracuse/Georgetown basketball game. Andrew was awesome because he didn't take me to a sports bar so that he could watch it. But I was awesome because I let him check the score while we waited for our food at Mez! Ordering off of the food menu was easy (Mediterranean Pita Trio Appetizer and Gnocchi side)...but ordering wine proved to be a little difficult for me. After a year of not drinking any wine, I have forgotten what I liked and everything that I kept trying, I didn't like! Luckily we had a sweet waitress who kept offering to bring me tastes of different types of wine. After 3 of these tastes, and a sip of Andrew's wine, I already was feeling a little silly, but finally decided on a "thought-provoking" red Malbec from Argentina.After we enjoyed our food and wine, we headed over to Howl At The Moon, the dueling piano bar at The Epicentre. With my Mez wine courage, I walked up to the piano with our request slip... Crazy Love by Van Morrison - our "first dance" song at our wedding - for which we got a nod of approval from the pianist. We were entertained by the Howl At The Moon performers and some bar patrons who had no inhibitions and good lyrical knowledge for some 'oldies but goodies'!
If we were Cinderella and Prince Charming, when the clock struck 11, we switched relational gears from husband and wife to father and mother. We took our chariot back to pick up the littlest prince and found a sweet, sleepy baby and two people (ATB & RT) who have also fallen under the spell of Alekzander's sweetness.


3 comments:
You are so good, not calling even once. I called my mom at least twice on our first date night after Mackenzie was born. Congrats on an awesome date night.
Did you steal a party ball?! That's a big guy!
didn't take the party ball... just thought he should 'pose' with one for a picture.
thanks again Tess! :)
Post a Comment